Daryl’s FIT TIP of The Day:
Reduce allergies by eating the right foods. The right diet can help relieve your allergies whether you’re allergic to pollen, dust, mold, certain foods or other allergens. The key is to use foods to improve your immune response.
Boost your T-REGS. Immune cells known as regulatory T-Cells, or T-REGS, limit inflammation and dampen the allergic response. The cells don’t function properly in people with allergies, which can lead to a host of allergic symptoms.
No matter what you are allergic to, make an effort to eat healthier foods that fortify T-REGS. Here are my suggestions:
* Eat natural sources of natural FOLATE (green leafy veggies, legumes, peas, asparagus, cauliflower, brussels sprouts)
* Consume more FLAVONOIDS . I believe that many of the inflammatory disorders that plague Americans, including allergies and asthma, are due in part to flavonoid deficiencies. Onions, blueberries, sweet potatoes, apples, and bell peppers (all organic of course) contain flavonoids.
* Consume STRAWBERRIES (within reason, don’t eat so many that you encourage the insulin response) Strawberries are the richest food source of Fisestin, a type of flavonoid that helps preserve T-REGS. Also, organic strawberries contain more Vitamin C and antioxidants than any other grown berries.
* Eat food rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. People with allergies actually need more of these fats because their cells don’t metabolize them efficiently.
* Eat PARSLEY. Parsley is high in Apigenin a flavonoid that decreases the activity of allergy-inducing lymphocytes and reduces levels of IgE.
Spread the education. Please like and share this post with friends and family. Thanks! 🙂