Daryl’s FIT TIP of the Day:
Stress can add years to your looks. Being overworked, constantly in a hurry and not getting enough sleep will increase stress within the body. Stress releases cortisol. Too much cortisol causes inflammation, which affects every system in the body including the skin.
Blotching, redness, wrinkles, dry itchy skin, and puffy eyes (rings) are all symptoms of over production of cortisol and inflammation. Bags under the eyes are caused by mostly by genetics but can be developed from lack of sleep. Lack of sleep causes fluid to accumulate under the eyes making the eyes look puffy and tired.
High exposure to ultraviolet rays (sun) will damage the sensitive skin cells on the face resulting in premature aging.
To help reduce the effects of premature aging and inflammation to the skin the following can help:
* Reduce stress as much as possible. Get control of your emotions and learn to relax more during the day.
* Eat lots of antioxidant foods. Antioxidants will fight against inflammation.
* Drink plenty of water. Water helps flush out extra sodium reducing eye puffiness.
* Limit exposure to sun. 10 minutes in direct sun light is fine to reap the benefits of Vitamin D absorption. Chronic sun exposure will destroy the cells.
* Exercise. Exercise is the greatest stress reliever on the planet. Exercise helps keep you looking and feeling younger.
* Don’t be so mean. A mean, angry face will turn your face into a dried up prune. The constant scowling will form irreversible deep wrinkles. Just Chill-Lax and don’t get so upset by everything. Mean people are ugly. Don’t become ugly!
* Ice your face or splash cold water onto your face. The cold temperature constricts blood vessels and capillaries reducing inflammation. Also it will wake you up in an instant if you are feeling sluggish or tired.
Spread the education. Please like and share this post with friends and family. Thanks! 🙂