There has been a lot of hype about training classes performed outdoors as opposed to exercising in a gym setting. I would like to make the record straight. It all comes down to what you want to get out of your training program that counts. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of exercising outdoors and indoors.
* Camaraderie with other people .
* Feel apart of a team
* Warrior Attitude
* Fresh Air
* Working out with structures and apparatus in parks or beaches
* Intense workout, challenging all components of fitness
* Fun, new, exciting, different
* Former Athletes Can compete with themselves and others.
* Weather (extreme cold and extreme heat, rain)
* Greater risk for injury
* Limited equipment usage
* Class size too big to get proper instruction from the instructor
* Temperature regulation
* Variety or equipment
* Controlled setting
* Safe environment
* Fun, exciting, challenging all components of fitness
* Not able to accommodate large groups
* Monotonous without proper instruction
There are advantages and disadvantages of exercising in and outdoors. However, if you are truly into changing the symmetry of your physique and want to see well defined separation of the muscles you will not achieve this from doing boot camp style fitness classes. Conventional weight training is the best way to develop great symmetry, strength and defined separation of each muscle. Outdoor classes are good for increasing endorphins, developing non-specific strength, improving the cardiovascular system, fat burning. No matter what type of exercise program you decide to choose it all comes down to what you want to get out of it. If exercising in 20 below zero weather or torrential rain floats your boat knock yourself out. However, keep in mind that just because your ego can withstand the adverse training protocols you won’t see any change in your appearance if you don’t eat correctly. Training is a metabolic booster and nutrition is the key for changing the body. There is no physiological advantage to exercising outdoors over exercising indoors it all comes down to your own self preference.