Here are the myths of exercise and nutrition that I think you all should know.
* Eating eggs will increase your internal cholesterol levels? NOT TRUE. Eggs contain the healthy cholesterol that the body needs to maintain proper health. In fact, the egg is the most complete food on the planet.
• Eating saturated fats will clog your arteries and cause a heart attack? NOT TRUE. The body is designed to break down animal fats and can metabolize the hydrogen atoms rather well. It is not saturated fat that causes problems it is the hydrogenated, trans-fatty acid, and damaged fats that cause a problem.
• Eating a low fat diet will protect from having high cholesterol in the blood? NOT TRUE. Eating a high carbohydrate diet without the essential fat will result in an increase in internal cholesterol levels. When the body is getting in enough dietary fat it helps turn off the production of internal cholesterol.
• Exercising on treadmill is the best way to burn fat? NOT TRUE. Weight training is the greatest fat burner of all.
• Leg Raises are an abdominal exercise? NOT TRUE. They are 95% hip flexor. Not enough abdominal activation.
• To get benefit from exercise you have to exercise for 45 minutes to an hour? NOT TRUE. Growth hormone levels plummet after 30 minutes.
• Anyone over the age of 50 cannot receive benefits from weight training? NOT TRUE. Everyone can receive benefits from weight training no matter what age. It is very important to lift weight as we age to help maintain as much muscle as possible. Also, weight training helps boost hormone levels.
• In order to develop big biceps it is important not to perform too many abdominal exercises? TRUE. Over working the abdominals will cause a decrease in growth hormone levels making the biceps small.
• Weight training can help promote bone growth and help slow down the osteoporosis effect? TRUE weight training can help improve bone cell migration.
• Nutrition is the greatest way to change body composition. TRUE. You can exercise all you want but without proper nutritional support your time is wasted if you are trying to change the look of your body.
• 90% of all women obsess about their weight and how they look? TRUE. Most women are extremely focused on their looks and how they look in a mirror and in clothes.
• Over 75% of all Americans are obese. TRUE. America is the fattest country in the world. Congratulations!!! I would like to give a big shout out to our beloved food manufacturing companies. Thank you all for making America the fattest country in the world. Keep up the good work in destroying the American body.
• A daily mulit-vitamin is required for all people. TRUE. The earth is being depleted of essential vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately, we have to take in vitamins in pill form. Sad but true.
• Poor digestion can make you sick and fat. TRUE. improper digestion exchange of vital nutrients will deprive the body and cause illness.
• I can learn more about nutrition in Daryl’s new book Diet Earth coming out soon. TRUE. You can learn more about myths and nutritional support in my new book. I am working on the last couple of chapters and will be having it out soon. Stay tuned.
Tags: nutrition, health, bodybuilding, fort hood, strength, muscle, diet, fat, obesity, new england patriots, boston red sox, daryl conant, vince gironda,