Drinking water is vital to maintaining bodily systems. Here is a simple schedule to follow for maximizing the benefits of drinking water.
1. To help stimulate the internal organs after a long sleep, drink 16 oz. of water upon rising.
2. To help aid in proper digestion of food, especially starches and proteins, consume 8 oz. of water 30 minutes prior to eating.
3. To help lower blood pressure and keep the internal temp. of the body regulated, drink 8 oz. of room temp. water before taking a bath or shower, steam bath, or sauna.
4. To reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke, drink 12 oz. of water before going to sleep for the night.
5. Only sip small amounts of water during the eating process. Never consume more than 4 oz. per meal.
6. To help lose body fat, sip water throughout the day to help keep the kidneys working and fat metabolism active.
7. To help improve skin elasticity sip water throughout the day to keep all the systems of the body hydrated, so that there will be no need for water to be pulled out from the skin causing dehydration and wrinkles.
Daryl Conant, M.Ed.